Disputes in Europe, CIS countries
Recognition and enforcement of Lithuanian court decisions in a foreign country
Court decisions adopted by a court of a particular state, although in force, do not automatically acquire legal force outside its own state and may not be enforced in the territory of another state. To enforce a necessary court decision of one state in the territory of another state, a further procedure is necessary, i.e., recognition and permit to enforce it.
We provide complex services from recognition to enforcement (transfer to the bailiff to carry out the recovery procedure) of Lithuanian court decisions throughout Europe and CIS countries.
As members of the international network of lawyers, we can provide our clients with a representation service, close cooperation in Lithuanian language in disputes in Europe and CIS Countries (Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Kazakhstan) on following matters:
- damage caused by employees
- unpaid services
- unpaid work
- fines received from foreign authorities (for violations committed by employees, unpaid taxes, detention of the car, non-compliance with minimum wage requirements, etc.)
- quality of services
- quality of work
- Our company successfully represented the UK in a case concerning the received fine and seizure of the car for a large amount of contraband transported by the driver’s company car. The case was resolved in favour of the client without imposing a fine of Eur 18,000 and returning the seized car to the company.
- Our company has successfully represented in cases regarding the non-application of fines for application of minimum wage and non-application of other employer’s requirements towards employees under European regulations. 80% of the fines imposed on the client for non-compliance with this requirement were reduced.
- Our company successfully represented in cases regarding fines imposed on a driver for persons, who cross border illegally, were found in the customer’s vehicle. In these cases, decisions were taken not to impose the fine on the company or reduce it. The preventive measures developed by our company (accreditation system, driver standards, briefings) have helped to solve such cases.